Chicken Corn Soup
Cuisine: Indo-Chinese | Cooking time: 15 mins | Serving: 4 people
- Fresh Corn – 2 cups
- Chicken; boneless cubed – 6-7 pcs
- Chicken Stock – 1 Cube (Maggi or Knorr)
- Corn Flour – 3 tbsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Egg; beaten – 1
- Ajinomoto – a pinch
- Soya Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Cook the chicken with about 1-2 glass of water, ginger garlic paste, little salt, black pepper powder for about 20 – 30 minutes. Check if cooked through.
- Shred the chicken with your hands and keep aside.
- Take half of the fresh corn and grind to a coarse paste and keep aside.
- Boil another 4 glasses of water and add to it, the corn seeds, the ground paste, vinegar and the chicken.
- Mix the corn flour with some water to make it into a smooth paste and add it to the chicken and corn. Stir until mixed properly.
- Add the remaining ingredients – chicken stock, ajinomoto, soya sauce and salt (if required).
- Let it boil for about 15 mins.
- Then pour in the slightly beaten egg stirring occasionally. Sprinkle some black pepper powder.
- Take off the flame into the serving bowl and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and spring onions.
- Serve hot.